Tuesday, February 20, 2007

print me



and i wonder how much
it will take until we realize
the best love we have
are only pictures
they are still life memories
lost in a fire
escaped by a flood
and i am crying the watercolors
for your new painting
even though your brush
has hardened
and it will take more than me to save you
to make you create me again
i am only the sole
on the bottom of your shoe, friend
i am only a footprint
forgotten in motion
and i don’t want to be buried this soon
tell me
what will it take for you to moisturize these wounds
how many cuts will it take
until my lines
are perfectly symmetrical
i wasn’t made to balance that well
on tight ropes without surface nets
but i can imagine it’s something else to please you
and you can imagine
i’m somebody else too
let’s play pretend
i just want you to print me
sketch your fingertips around my rhythm
i want to look like a song
your favorite vision
a Polaroid
i’m your best imagination
developed too soon
and i want you to think me
until i'm forever
i want to be the scripture to your canvas
blood
only you know what this feels like
to look at me
and know
that i’m unfinished
without your thoughts
and only when you breathe me in
will you be satisfied
for i am muse
and all you have to do
is search in your heart

and print me

No comments: